A

HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group November 11th

Good morning everyone!

It is Remembrance Day for many people in the world. It was always a day of reflection for me and remembering the sacrifices made, I did not have family that fought in any wars but I have school colleagues who have and some never came home. Today I will remember them.

Surprisingly here something else is going on, at least in this region of Germany. It is the first day of Karneval. So instead of a moment of silence at 11.11 people will be flooding the streets in ridiculous costumes and enjoying several adult beverages before noon. Quite the contrast.

I wanted to share something I read on the BBC this morning. It is a great article highlighting something I have talked about before. I never knew it had a name and I never thought it was an actual thing. I thought it was just me.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20221108-the-doctors-prescribing-blue-therapy

"The sound of the crashing waves, the smell of salty air, the crunching of sand beneath our toes…The sensations relax our bodies and tell our minds to switch off."

This is exactly what I feel when I am near water. This article also explains why I feel so unsettled. If you have a few minutes, take a look.

Now on to the rest of the day...workouts? rest? good food? fun plans?

Today is my rest day thankfully. But I will do lots of walking and probably some more upper-body relaxation. Last night's yoga was quite intense on my upper body and I had to take some breaks.

We will have veggie enchiladas for dinner and I am really looking forward to that. Otherwise, I think we will keep it pretty quiet. I am looking forward to finishing my 8-week run plan this weekend.

Keep up the great work everyone, the weekend is on the horizon!

PS. Saw this little guy this morning..he shouldn't be there...

Edited