Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bodyweight Cardio Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

Get ready for a major slip n’ slide effect in this sweaty, cardio focused routine!

Bodyweight Cardio Circuits: Total Body Progression Training

We deconstruct five fun exercises in five circuits, breaking apart the moves to focus on form and precise execution of movement. Each circuit contains three increasingly difficult preparatory exercises before the fourth and final “goal” exercise. Your primary focus of this workout is zeroing in on your form, cadence, agility, and balance throughout each circuit as you advance towards the goal exercise. Try to identify movement patterns that might need a little attention before moving on to harder exercises in the progression. Feel free to stick with any exercise along the progression in each circuit! That is, if you notice that your form starts faltering or any of the exercises arouse discomfort, continue completing rounds of whichever exercise(s) in the circuit best suits your current fitness level and goals.  

Honestly, this workout was sweet and dandy for me until the burpees made an appearance. Then all the sweatiness broke loose and I was unable to stop the never-ending flow of droplets that covered my stage. In the video, you will notice several poor attempts at mopping up my sweat with a paper towel. Did I say poor attempts? Failed attempts is more accurate. I was pretty much just smearing my sweat around my stage and increasing the slipperiness factor. Nonetheless, I still very much enjoyed creating and filming this workout!

Right now, I’m in the middle of my final taper before my half marathon! I’m considering planning and filming a recovery style, low impact workout this week so that I don’t wreck my legs before my race. Sound like a good idea to you all? I’ve never had the opportunity to do a true taper before a race so I’m super excited for the rest and recovery this week. And I’m already thinking about a post-race celebration of sorts. What should I do? Any ideas?  

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this sweaty (but rewarding) routine! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha