Perspiration Pals 3 November 2022

Hi Pals! I hope yesterday’s post didn’t lull you to sleep. Unless you wanted it to in which case you’re welcome. I’m sitting here listening to African (mostly South African) music hits because I’m not in a good mood and I wanted to change it. I also longed for some good rhythm and melodies. Today’s topic is also exercise-related and might start some good conversations hopefully not arguments. Definitely not hostility.

So I’m white, I can’t dance. Maybe I should change the word order. I’m white so I can’t dance. Based on my observations most of us just don’t have rhythm. (And when we get drunk… oh, dear, oh dear…) Dancing should be about letting your body lead. Forget the world just listen to the music and the rhythm and move to it. Sounds easy but is it? I’ve never like dancing because I’ve always been too worried about how it would look and I never liked how it looked. And here’s another interesting observation. My body has been more willing to move to the music ever since I started to work out regularly. I’m not saying I’ve become a good and/or more willing dancer but it’s a bit easier to move to the rhythm. Maybe it’s because initially I used to listen to music while working out. Who knows? How about you and this dancing business?

I did a Tasha superset upper-body routine. Starting at 5 a.m…. Am I normal? Noooo. But it was good. Well, it would’ve been better if my shoulder hadn’t tried its utmost to cause trouble. It’s getting really annoying. In fact, I think it’s beyond the point of ‘well, it’ll get better own its on soon’.

Anyway, have an easy day, Pals!