P

What workouts do you do the day BEFORE and AFTER total body strength training?

Hi friends! I've historically stayed away from total body workouts here because I need a lot of consistency in my life, including a workout usually 5 days per week. This makes it hard for me to figure out how to utilize the total body strength training videos because there is rarely a time where I haven't trained my upper or lower body the day before and don't plan to again for 1-2 more days after. I like to rotate halves of my body so I have plenty of choices almost every day!

But there are so many total body workouts, especially the ones released lately, that I'd like to make more use of. I have made use of some of the very low impact, beginner, walking routines and other level 1-2 videos here and those are definitely options for the days prior to and following total body strength training that I know won't be too much for sore muscles. But often I want something more intense to keep ratcheting my metabolism up (and keep my body heat up as the cold days approach!) and it's hard to find something that's not too much for the lower body especially at those times.

I often do a long hike, but would ideally have lots of options right here for those days, too. Any recs for videos tha are that perfect balance of semi-intense workout for the day before or after total body strength training that won't interrupt muscle recovery?