Ghostess Check-In: Sunday, October 30th

Helly my lovely ladies,

How are you all doing today? Are being busy bees or lazybones today? I'm definitely the latter, as it's Sunday which is another rest day for me. And on that note I've got a nice jump to workouts.

What are you ladies up to? Are you squeezing in something sporty or do you feel it's high time to give those bones and muscles a rest? Maybe you're in between and just want some light movement in the form of a nice stretch. Whatever it is, I'd love to hear it.

And food. We also have to talk nourishment don't we? I again have no idea, usually Sundays we're having chips, so I guess that's one part covered. But as for the rest? No idea whatsoever. Hit me with it!!

Okay.. workouts...check, food... check. What else? Question? Hmm...

Well, as it turns out, today I haven't really got a question in the form of something I put out there just because it's nice to get to know each other. This time I'm actually seeking some advice. I'm going to be rambling a bit, so if you feel you're not up to that today, please do feel free to skip this part and just give us a heads up on workouts and food.😉

Okay, so you ladies know I've got a daughter right? Well, 2 in fact but this concers Yuna. She in her 3rd year bachelor at uni about 4 hours away from here. I guess for American norms that isn't far at all, but still. Anyway, the past 2 years she's been doing really really well, passed with flying colors and was happy to stay with two roomies in her little appartment. This year however she seems to have a lot more problems. She's always been a nervous kind of person, I would even say rather anxious. She's always been able to keep it under control but this year is really bad. School has only been going for about 2 months and she extremely anxious, she doesn't sleep, cries a lot and feels like she's always studying but that it isn't enough and is scared she won't pass the year.

And here's my problem, I don't know how to react. I'm not saying I'm a bad mum, but I'm a bit of a distant mum. I'm not a touchy, feely person, but I try to be there for her. I just don't know what to say because I can't relate to how she feels. She's told me she wants to take some time off after this year, and I'm completely okay with that and I've told her so, but she feels she's letting us down.

We're picking her up tomorrow evening at the train station as she's got a holiday week coming up. I'm really looking forward to having her home again, but am lost a bit for how I can help her. I know being home here with us and her dog will do wonders for her, but I'd like to do more.

So, I know not every situation is the same, but you ladies are my closest virtual friends and I know from being here on the forum that some of you can relate to the anxiety part. So I'd like to ask some advice or tips on how to handle this. What are do's and dont's. I have to be honest here and feel a bit like a bad mom for not being able to help my child.

I'm sorry to be a bit of a downer at this check-in today, but I just needed to get this of my chest. As said, please feel free to ignore this.

I'll leave you with a positive note though, another picture of a beautiful morning sky.

Have a great day everyone!!🥰