R

Recovery from injuries

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is staying healthy. I’m excited about fitness blender’s growth and all the different things going on within…like the challenges for example.

I’ve had a bit of a frustrating year as far as personal goals because I have been held back by health issues. Earlier this year I broke my hand, soon after recovering I had gotten sick with a cold, then I sprained my ankle while dancing. 🥺. I’m two weeks into the sprain recovery and staying positive. I signed up for the low impact program and have been doing it at a pace my body allows (doctor approved of course.) I’m loving it so far and it got me wondering… can any of the workouts be modified to be low impact and recovery friendly? I’ve reached a point where my body is craving a little more and the foot can handle it up to a point.

I think working out in any capacity while recovering from an injury is healthy because it keeps us in the habit of the lifestyle, and is a boost of positivity for our mental health. Of course, we have to respect the boundaries placed by injury or illness. Don’t get me wrong, it’s been challenging staying motivated with everything happening in the same year as a streak. I’ve oscillated between being down and frustrated to taking my power back and doing what I can, practicing gratitude and working out slowly, and fitness blender has really helped with the latter.

What is your favorite way of getting through a rough patch of recovery?

Anyway, hope everyone keeps healthy and whole. Count your blessings even when the going gets tough… thank you for reading!