Perspiration Pals 28 October 2022

Hello sweetpeas! And welcome to a windy, chilly, and very wet (at least for me) Friday. It has rained every day for the last 2 weeks, and the forecast says it is going to rain all weekend and every day next week too. I do like a nice, grey, soggy day, but this is overkill. This time of year is usually sunny and warm, but I currently have the heater on and the street has turned into a small river. Waterfront property.

But enough about the weather. How are you? Busily carving hundreds of pumpkins and getting your broomstick dusted off? Stuffing your face with all the good candies before anyone else gets them? Or maybe you're like me and doing none of that because Halloween doesn't really exist where you are. I have, however, just been informed by my good friend The Internet that it is National Chocolate Day. The thing I read didn't specify which nation, but I don't see why that should stop all you chocolate lovers from observing such an occasion.

Ok, down to business. Food? Exercise? General wellbeing? What's on the cards, pals? Is it tasty? Is it fun? Moi, I'm in a little bit of fitness struggletown today. I went running last night, first time in a while due to rain, well, sorta. I intentionally took it easy, but even with that my knee starting hurting, and I think I overcompensated with my other leg and now my foot hurts. And I slept funny, due to a certain terrier hogging the bed, and now my neck hurts too. Not one to do things halfway, I woke up with a stomachache too. I've really been working hard on the diet thing this past week, and haven't eaten much. The result being my stomach hurts and I managed to set an all time record high on the scale this morning. Also headache and bad mood. Nice. Soooooo...while I am motivated to do some intense exercise, everything hurts and that's unlikely to be a good idea.

As for food, I have some leftover zucchini pasta with lemon garlic shrimp. It was a new recipe, and the first time I'd had zucchini pasta. Which is not pasta at all, just zucchini cut into thin ribbons. And took me about 38 hours (rough estimation) to do with a hand peeler. I've known about zucchini pasta for some time, and had heard it "tastes just like real pasta!", but had thus far avoided it because it sounds digusting. But anyway I tried it, and...well, the prawns were good. Ok, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. But anyone who says strips of zucchini tastes like real pasta is either a liar or an idiot. I do have a lot leftover, so...maybe I'll just pick the prawns out. The good news is that in the last 24 hours I did my taxes and finally dealt with an obnoxious IT issue, and the sense of relief from getting those two things off my shoulders is tangible.

All right folks, I'm hungry so it's time for me to find a non-zucchini related snack. I'm thinking banana, followed by some pilates. Have an easy day, or at least not a miserable one, and come chat if you're in the mood.