Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

I did HIIT!!

Omgosh guys, I can’t believe it! After the past few weeks working my way back into higher cardio exercises, I was able to do a small round of hiit today in my routine without stopping! Some of the moves were low impact, but I still did lots of jumping and jump squats. This is a huge deal for me as I was too afraid to do hiit for years bc of my limiting beliefs surrounding panic disorder. I would be really triggered by an elevated heart rate. I know now that I can do it, and not die!! LOL. It sounds silly, but that’s literally what I would be afraid of during exercise!

I will say, it is challenging in the middle of a routine when I’m sucking wind and breathing hard. It makes me a bit anxious, but I’m not having full blown panic attacks anymore. A super long cool down and stretch has really been helping me to slow my breathing down gradually and not feel like my system is shocked.

Anyhow, I’m super pleased with my progress so far. Not that HIIT is necessarily the goal, but to me it’s a huge mile marker and makes me feel like superwoman. Rant over :)

Edited