Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Single Weight Strength Training Circuits!

Good morning FB Family!

We’re working with one weight (at a time) in today’s strength-focused, total body routine:

Single Weight Strength Training: Circuits with Combination Moves

The five-exercise main circuit contains a variety of movement patterns with upper/lower body combination moves so bring your light, medium, and heavy weight selections to the party. Focus on maintaining your balance and keeping proper posture as you shift through each multicomponent exercise, noticing how your core is the foundation from which strong movement originates and therefore must remain actively engaged throughout each exercise. Challenge your core even further with the weighted core finisher but know that you’ll still have an effective workout if you choose to complete this finisher without weights.  

I chose to focus on a deliberate, slower tempo for the total body finisher move but if you’d like to experience a heart rate spike towards the end of your workout, increase the tempo and keep the hops. You can also repeat the main circuit twice more on either side if you want a longer workout. I love repeating circuits, but sometimes I don’t have the time to get in a long-ish strength session while completing my training runs. Any little bit helps when it comes to filling your fitness bank with activity. One set, two sets, three sets – it all counts!

I’m getting closer to my half marathon and will be hitting my taper soon – lower intensity runs, lower mileage, more mental preparation for race day. All the training is coming together and I’m excited! Whatever happens on race day, I’ve loved the journey and that’s the most important part of training for me.

Onward to prepping and planning some more content for you folks! I’ve got some fun workouts bopping around in my head and can’t wait to get them on video.

Enjoy the workout, and I’ll see you on the screen!

-Tasha