Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Lower Body Corrective Circuit

Good morning, Blenders!

Today seems like the perfect day to correct some muscle imbalances (said no one ever), hehe. Let’s work through that together in this latest release: 

Lower Body Corrective Circuit: Unilateral Exercises for Muscle Imbalances

Corrective exercises are similar to prehab work in that we are addressing muscle imbalances to prevent injury or pain. However, these exercises take it a step further by fixing inefficient movement that will more than likely result in problems later down the road. The workout may feel repetitive, but there’s a method to this madness - our bodies learn best through practice, which reinforces healthy habits and movement. 

This is another unconventional workout, so be prepared to grab some random household objects. We will use sliders or makeshift sliding pads, a wall or counter, and resistance bands in this short routine, and make sure to give yourself plenty of space to move around. I also used a mobility stick as a substitute for counter space.

Use this workout as a lightbulb moment to understand which movements or postures may be holding you back from advancing your favorite lower body exercises. For me, I struggle with core activation during single-leg motions, which causes my pelvis to wiggle and my forefoot arches to collapse. This makes perfect sense to me, but check out this related article on the Kinetic chain for more in-depth information on how the lower body is connected. 

Looking forward to putting in the work together as we bulletproof our bodies towards healthier movement. See you on the big screen!

- Kayla