Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout! Quick Upper Body Circuit!

Good morning FB Family!

If you’ve been in the mood for quick but effective routines lately, today’s workout release is perfect for you:

Single Weight Upper Body: Quick Strength Training Circuit

Exercise the major muscles of the upper body in this single-circuit, single-weight workout. Set yourself up for success with the mental preparation to lift heavy (for you) knowing that you’re only completing two rounds of the five-exercise circuit. This routine is straightforward and simply structured for those days when you want to get in some quick movement without having to turn your brain on at full capacity. We all have those days – sometimes our brains take a little longer than usual to wake up or we need a little break from the non-stop firing and problem-solving all day.

Nonetheless, even if this workout doesn’t require much mental engagement, I challenge you to dial in and focus on muscular imbalances and compensatory movement patterns that often emerge while doing unilateral work. Is one arm stronger than the other for certain exercises? Does one arm learn movement patterns quicker than the other? The feedback from your body gathered during workouts such as this one is meant to inform your approach to daily activities of living as well as performance-natured training.   

I filmed this workout on a day between two intense training efforts (running specifically) and loved getting the chance to move my upper body while allowing a reset for my lower body. Give your mind and body what it needs! If you’re feeling well-rested and want to up the challenge, you can repeat the circuit a couple more times or tack this workout onto a similar duration lower body or core routine. Alternatively, if your body is telling you to slow it down and decrease the intensity, this workout alone is a great, easily adaptable option for movement.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha