Perspiration Pals 13 October 2022

I need to edit today's post because I'm an idiot and forgot to say:

Happy Birthday, Lynna! May all your wishes come true!

šŸŽšŸŽ‚šŸ’•

Hello Pals! Referring to yesterdayā€™s topic, did you do a lot of burpees yesterday or this morning? I didnā€™t as it was a Pilates abs routine with Kelli. I think Iā€™m ready to go back to strength training again. šŸ™‚ I canā€™t help it. Itā€™s my favourite way of exercising. It makes me feel strong even though I know Iā€™m not. Well, not particularly anyway. I need to figure out which challenge or program to do next. Iā€™ve done Mass 5 timesā€¦ so perhaps not that.

Anyway, letā€™s move on to something unrelated to Ivettā€™s dilemma regarding exercise. However, speaking of Pilates routines, do you know who Joseph Pilates was? If you do, you might find the next paragraph a bit boring or perhaps you can correct me if Iā€™m wrong. Pilates was born in Germany and he was a sickly child and, just like in a fairy tale, the weak little boy was motivated to get really strong so he trained to become a gymnast which led to a career as a circus performer because at that time (the beginning of the 20th century) people who spent a lot of time doing push-ups and triceps dips were considered weirdos instead of heroes. Pilates and his German circus troupe were touring England in 1914 when the First World War broke out and since he was a German his strength suddenly stopped being impressive. He was arrested and interned in a camp on the British Isle of Man. However, this didnā€™t break him. He passed the time watching cats chasing mice and thought ā€˜hmm, maybe if we didnā€™t just sit still but move around and stretch (I knowā€¦) our bodies could be happy.ā€™ So he started devising a series of exercises to stretch human muscles. Supposedly, when the Great Influenza (COVIDā€™s great-grandfather) reached the island, none of Pilatesā€™ trainees (apparently there were some other weirdoes in the camp) got sick. They were, according to the legend, in better shape at the end of the war than when it began. The (not quite) End. (a bit abrupt perhaps)

But unfortunately, Mummy has to work now so be good, eat your veggies, do some Pilates and chat amongst yourselves.

Edited