Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New Article: When Rest is More Important Than Working Out

Have you ever needed to take a rest day from exercise, but because it is so much a part of your routine, habits, or personality that you struggled? If so, this article is for you

I know when I started intentionally moving my body about twelve years ago, I got into an all-or-nothing mindset where I told myself I had to workout every day. I convinced myself that was what I needed in order to stick with it. Unfortunately, for me, this led to a knee injury that required me to take a break for a while and I felt guilty, lost, and scared that I would gain back all the weight I had lost (hello diet culture). Little did I know that this taught me skills I needed to embrace instead of demonizing rest.

Rest days are incredibly important, but just like how we need “how to” to get into exercise and physical activity, sometimes we need a guide for “how not to.” Refraining from something that is so much a part of our life can come with all sorts of emotions, almost like a withdrawal. It can leave someone feeling lost or unsure what to do with their time instead. So, this article will provide you with a guide and some practical tips for how to embrace periods of rest, no matter how long they may be.