Perspiration Pals 12 October 2022

Hello Pals! I hope you’re all right. You’re stuck with me again for today and tomorrow but at least it’s hump day so we’re getting closer to the weekend. I started the day with a bit of Tasha torture. I must admit I was rather intimidated by her routines at the beginning but I really like them now. I know my limits and I know how much I like competing with myself (even if involves some meltdowns…). Anyway, I did Day 10 of the YAY Challenge and funnily enough my wrist doesn’t complain that much even though the majority of the routines are bodyweight. What about you? What’s scheduled for today?

Let’s move on to something different. Burpees. Probably one of the least favourite exercise but did you know that the burpee was invented by exercise physiologist Royal Burpee in the late 1930s as part of his physical fitness test. Does any of you like burpees? I don’t mind them but I wouldn’t say I love them…. Do you know anything about the origin of push-ups? According to the good internet, one of the oldest forms of exercise in the world is our beloved push-up. It has been around for thousands of years and was part of soldiers’ military training in ancient India. My body really doesn’t like push-ups, that’s for sure. And finally, who invented jumping jacks?

All right, pals, I need to go back to work now. Have an easy day, do some burpees (easy day...) read a book and eat an apple.