HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 10th ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐ŸฅŸ๐ŸŽถ

Hello Blendfriends! I'd like to wish a happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian Blenders๐Ÿ, a happy Indigenous People's day to our neighbors to the south, and for those of you around the world who are not enjoying a paid holiday today, at the very least have a happy World Porridge Day๐Ÿฅฃ! Here is my thought for the day:

"It's such a happiness when good people get together." (Jane Austen)

Yesterday I spent all afternoon and evening with a small but lovely group of people. The afternoon was dedicated to a long walk on the mountainโ›ฐ๏ธ, which was full of locals and visitors enjoying the fall colors๐Ÿ‚. We did get a little bit lost when our chosen path was closed for repairs, this contributed to the impressive 16,000 step count on the mountain. All that walking was followed by a copious supper of dumplings and hours of convivial chat in a neighborhood pub๐Ÿป. We were together to celebrate the birthday of one friend, but as my birthday was to follow quite quickly (today ๐Ÿ˜†), I too was regaled with birthday songs in Lithuanian, Russian, German and French๐ŸŽถ. Quite an amazing feeling, and I am quite sure that all the well-wishes in those songs will bring a much better year!

What workouts do you have lined up today? I started the Pilates challenge yesterday, but after all that walking on the mountain and in town, I may be due for a recovery day now. But it's looking to be another beautiful fall day, so there will doubtless be plenty to do in the yard and the garden! And the kitchen. I still haven't made up my last batch of pesto or my rhubarb compote. When there's frost on the ground and I'm still preserving summer's bounty, I know I've left it late! It's already time to be cooking with apples and squash instead! How about you, are you making your yummiest fall recipes?

I'll just wrap this up mentioning that, as always, everyone is welcome to read and post on this and the other daily accountability/check-in threads. Thank you for checking in with me!

Edited