Perspiration Pals Monday October 10th 🫖📚👻

Greetings and salutations my friends. I hope this Monday is finding you well and with at least one little thing to look forward to. Workouts? Food? Some extra rest and relaxation? I'm going to try to check off all of those boxes today, how about you?

I'm not normally the quizzing type of host, but it is my favorite time of year and a few weeks ago, I promised that I would have some spooky themed quizzes for your October threads. I'm going to start off easy on this group of bibliophiles with the theme of scary stories. Here goes:

🎪 The title of Ray Bradbury's 1962 dark fantasy about a haunted carnival that arrives in a small town in Illinois just before Halloween is a line from Macbeth. What is it?

🥀 What novel was Jane Austen's foray into the Gothic format?

🦇 Bram Stoker's infamous Count was inspired by what real, fearsome historical figure?

😱 What novel or story has made you sleep with the lights on or just given you a shiver? (My answer: short story Oh Whistle and I'll Come to You My Lad by M.R. James. The old ghost stories are the best ghost stories).

Of course, feel free to skip the questions entirely, they are entirely for fun and entirely optional.

Onto the day. Since today is a holiday for me, I am going to be a bit lazy. It's a chilly, gray morning (the days are so much shorter!) and I'm lounging in bed with Molly, Lily and coffee. I finished The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman last night (highly recommend, especially for fans of his other books like The Ocean at the End of the Lane) and will be starting a new book at some point today. It will be scary, of course.

What won't be scary is dinner - white chicken chili, yummy.

And as far as workouts, I'm a bit in workout limbo at the moment. This is my last week before my work schedule will change and consequently my workout schedule will change. Right now I think I'll go with however I feel that day as far as workouts, and today I feel like I need more stretching and yoga, so at some point I'll find a video to follow.

That's enough outta me, so over to you Pals. In keeping with the literary theme today, feel free to share what you're reading right now (spooky or not), or the name of that book that you've been meaning to get to for ages but just haven't found the time.

Remember anyone, and I mean anyone, is welcome to drop in!

Edited