Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Is it worth it for me to ''Super-train'' for this short period?

I'm a loooong time Fitness Blender user, but this is my first post here... as my situation is fairly specific and I haven't been able to find answers on google, so I thought I'd turn to my favorite workout site :D

I'm a female, 36 years old, and after a rather inactive life in my twenties, I have been dabbling at home with strength training for a couple of years, doing various workouts and trying to stay fit and mostly get strong. I enjoy pushups and anything with dumbells, and in an average workout at home, I'd usually push around 20 000 pounds in one hour for at least 3x a week, nothing crazy but enough to push myself.

I had to stop training for several months due to a back injury which is now better.

I still have to workout for 2 hours each day at a local physiotherapist's gym before I'm fully allowed back to work. These past two weeks, I've been pushing myself really hard as a challenge, and during today's workout, I moved a total of 55,000 pounds in 90 minutes, (probably my life record lol!!) .

I've still got two weeks where I have to do this for two hours each day, and I have access to the machines, now, my question is this:

Since I know I won't train for two hours a day when I return to my normal life schedule, let's say I hit it really hard and do 50 000 pounds (or more) every day for another two weeks, will I lose all those gains afterwards if I get back to my regular 1h workouts at home without machines?

Or is it it still possible to maintain muscle once it's gained, even by pushing much lower volumes of weights?

Thank you kindly

Edited