HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Group October 6th πŸ’—

Howdy y'all 🀠

"Adopt the pace of nature: Her secret is patience.” β€”Ralph Waldo Emerson

A picture of one of my favorites to go with the quote today.

Talking about patience... taking care of our bodies (and mind, and soul) is often about patience. Because we develop an injury, or we have to work around permanent or longer-lasting health issues, or have to be careful about which type of exercise we do because we get triggered by some exercises. There was a time where I could tick off 5 to 6 workouts most weeks and be very pleased with my calendar. Nothing wrong with that! There's also nothing wrong with where I am now... or anything in between.

Any tests for your patience today?

As a workout, I'll be trying this one: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/at-home-strength-and-pilates-butt-and-thigh-workout Never done it before, but I think a weights/pilates combo might be helpful as the pilates gives me a "break" to focus on my breath more. I will also add an extra warm-up so I can start up gradually. My body and especially mind does not respond well to going from boxer shuffle to jumping jacks in 2 or 3 minutes.

As it's sunny, I'll try to get in a walk. I notice walks are harder for me mentally lately, and they have always remained a challenge for me anyway.

Please share what's on your mind, everyone is very welcome here!

PS I haven't been able to read much the last few days and quickly scanned yesterday's HKS thread and am curious about Julia's story, so I will definitely read that today. πŸ‘

Edited