Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Kayla’s Tuesday Thoughts & Planner Post

Happy Tuesday, Blenders!

It's officially fall in my neck of the woods! You can find me snuggled under my cozy blanket while holding a pumpkin spice latte and burning my favorite fall candle. What sort of basic things have you been up to lately?

In my world, fall weather also means fall sports. Because I specialize in a certain type of sport injury, this time of year is particularly busy. The days are long, but the weekends feel well deserved, especially when I've stuck to my meal plan and exercise regime.

Speaking of plan, I've been using a new planner system for the few months and loving the subtle changes to my routine. I'll be the first to admit that I considered physical planners to be stupid because, well, my phone is right there! However, I've come to view planning as a mindfulness activity and stress busting exercise. I am learning new tricks and journaling techniques to improve budgeting, self development, and task prioritization, which can be helpful at any age or stage in your career. I've also joined an online planning community to learn more about formatting, efficiency, etc.

So far, my planner system is a personalized half letter discbound with interchangeable dashboards. I use large tabs to separate my schedule (weekly layouts with monthly overview), notes/lists, and finances. Within my notes/lists tab is my book journal and personal development tracker. I'm also trying out the Inbox/Outbox system for task prioritization, which has helped with mental decluttering. For monthly reflections, I've been using journaling prompts and productivity quotes to help with goal setting. I know I should be planning ahead for 2023 layouts (hehe, see what I did there), but it's slightly overwhelming to think about 2023 at the moment so I'm going to hold off for now.

I would love to hear about your planning experiences and tips for well, anything! How has your planner contributed to forming habits or increasing productivity? Do you use your planner as a scheduler or other explorative activities? Do you have a separate planner for work/personal/business?

Pics of my planner, favorite pen, and today's journaling focus because I'm slightly obsessed. Can't wait to get this discussion going!

Stay blessed and unstressed, Blender family. Talk soon!

- Kayla