Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout Release! Quick Single Weight Lower Body Circuit

Good morning FB Family! 

Today’s workout release is a great single weight routine for days when you’re either short on time or want to add a quick lower body sequence to an upper body or cardio workout:

Quick Lower Body Strength: Single-Weight Circuit With Cardio Finisher

Although you will only complete the five-exercise circuit twice (once on the right side of the body then once on the left), short strength routines are just as instrumental to physical improvements as longer duration, multi-round/set routines. Challenge your weight selections and notice how single-leg exercises force you to rely on your core muscles for balance, coordination, and proper postural alignment. Practicing body position transitions with lunges, lateral shifts, and deadlifts transfers to your ability to improve power and cadence efficiencies as a runner, cyclist, fitness enthusiast, and as a person navigating activities of daily living. 

This routine was particularly helpful for me as I am in the middle of training for a half marathon and love adding short, strength-focused routines to my training days. The sequencing and exercises included were just challenging enough to benefit my training goals but not overly taxing on my joints or muscles to prevent me from completing my next workout. 

Runner or not, I hope you enjoy this quick routine! And if you’re training for a fall race as well, let us know in the comments below with your funniest training mishaps. My current training faux paus include black toenails and a lot a chafing. A lot.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha