Wheelbarrow walk… workout?!

I have always liked the exercise “Farmer’s Walk”… today I decided to call my exercise the “Wheelbarrow Walk”.

Three of us were digging out an area of about 1 meter high, 1 meter wide and 1 meter long, triangular shaped. The soil, rubble, bricks, sand and clay had to be put in a wheelbarrow, then wheeled around an old cottage, down a bit of a slope, up a slope and down to a (old bomb) crater and emptied there.

I did over 19.000 steps today, around 14.000 of those with the wheelbarrow, of which half of those again with the wheelbarrow full of soil etc.

What made me think of the words “Wheelbarrow Walk”? My abs automatically engaged every time I walked up and down the slopes with the full barrow. It felt good, definitely!

The comment from a visitor “You must really have strong arms” made me smile, but by the end of several hours, those strong arms just felt incredibly tired!

Photo shows my wheelbarrow standing in front of Rose cottage (built in 1815). It’s obviously a lovely area to be working in. In the replies a before/after pic to give you an idea of the area three of us cleared out.

Edited