Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Low-Impact Tabata HIIT

Good Morning Fitness Blenders!

Today’s workout release is the product of a collaboration between myself (Nicole) and Tasha. As you know, I have a knack for creating some unique low-impact workouts while Tasha brings some serious heat (and sweat) with her level 5’s! 

Can you guess what happens with that mash-up? Get ready for: Low-Impact Tabata HIIT

Since I am in the late stages of pregnancy and out of commission for this type of workout, Tasha happily agreed to film a workout format I wrote up!

We know many of you love the challenge of a good HIIT routine. We also know that higher-impact movements can set you back and be painful for some of you. This workout will curb your appetite for a sweaty, level 5… without all the impact.

We take a fast-moving tabata format, combined with periodic 60 second burnouts to keep you moving. While no equipment is needed, you may want to keep light and medium dumbbells handy to add intensity where needed!

Here’s what Tasha has to say about this workout: Push the pace! Safety is always of utmost importance during every workout, but if you want to challenge yourself to a level 5 intensity, you will need to quicken your tempo, work through a full range of motion, and ride the wave of discomfort. I had so much fun filming this workout! When you are not the creator of the routine, you can't always anticipate the flow of intensity or predict which segments of the workout will challenge you the most - I was pleasantly winded completing a few moves I don't usually include in my own workouts! The sweat was pouring and the squeaky shoes slide was in full effect. 

Will you be joining us for this workout??

Nicole & Tasha