Strength Training Feels So GOOD!

Hello Blender Peeps!

I hope you all are doing well! I just wanted to check in after an upper body strength training workout I did. The picture is above. Honestly, it has been a good while since I have been able to strength train and I mean a GOOD while. Especially for upper body. My pains in my joints really have set me back BUT did teach me a lot. Thanks to physical therapy things have been a lot better. Things aren’t 100% yet but they are waaayy better. I mean I can lift weights now!….kind of.

I lost quite a bit of strength since I haven’t been able to lift weights for over a year but that’s not what surprises me. It’s how much strength that I still had that surprises me. Even though I’m using a lot lighter weights than I usually would for a lot of exercises and still need to limit range of motion for a lot of exercises I’m amazed that there is still a lot I can still do. Also, I have thank Kelli and Daniel for creating FB Reach. If it wasn’t for that program, I wouldn’t have known what to do or where to start to get back into exercising. I’m still taking things slow but I am making progress.

So this particular workout I have done before I think twice but man was it a sweaty and good one. I sweated a lot but used a lot lighter weight. I only own 3lb weights, 5lb weights and 8lb weights. Usually when doing upper body strength I use my 8lb weights for a lot of the exercises but this time? I didn’t even touch them. I couldn’t. They were way too heavy (something I never thought I would ever say…at least back then) and I could not even do one repetition of any exercise with them. Plus, they’re too much one my arms and wrists right now. So I only ended up using the 3lbs and 5lbs. The 5lbs were still a challenge but I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that them. It felt good regardless of the weight. No shame right? I just thought I’d share.

Thank you for reading!