Checking in

Hiya blender family.

So I have some updates. I have currently maxed out the leg press machine at 218 kilo(both legs). I didn't think I would max it out that fast. I bought some new weeks at the gym cause my 8 weeks expired. Kinda enjoying my gym time. Also starting to make friends, well, acquaintances. A few of the employees know my story so when they're working they automatically come to help setting up the barbell. It's so sweet. They really pay attention. I was squatting 60 kilo, but last week I felt it wasn't going very smoothly. Like, I felt my form was probably off. So I decided to do a Deload week now. Focus on form and range of motion. Used 45 kilo for squats today and really after 2 weeks of doing 60 kilo, the 45 felt so very light. Crazy. Never would have thought 45 kilo could feel light. It did feel better on my lower back. I think I will stick with 50 kilo for now. I had to decrease the weight of the row and Lateral pulldown because any upper back or shoulder exercise really causes a lot of pain the day after. It's just a stroke thing, constant pain. The shoulder is a delicate thing. Especially with paralysis. The arm sorta swings around when walking, like a dead weight. Puts strain on the shoulder joint. It's sad because I love increasing the weight I lift. Especially with the upper back and shoulders. I stopped doing the Preacher curl machine. Because it's with a bar and it uses both arms simultaneously. And I feel the right arm takes over most of the work. I do it with the pulley machine now, single arm. I also tried the overhead press with my physical therapist. We decided a bar would be best. I could do it with a light bar, but it's hard to get the bar up from the chest to overhead. My left hand just slips off because grip is too weak, especially in the overhand grip. And since I'm not working my shoulders for now, I'll work on it some other time. But this week is my last week of therapy at rehab. Which is weird. But at a certain point they stop. Maximum recovery reached. Gotta make space for other patients.

The lawsuit against the hospital is also in progress. I had a conversation with my lawyer and a representative of the insurance company of the hospital. Basically they acknowledge they're accountable for not doing a CT scan and not writing up a good summary for the GP telling about the low platelets. But they're saying since I wasn't having a stroke the first time in the ER, that they couldn't have known. And that even if they had acted on the blood test results, it would have taken too much time for the necessary meds to work. So basically they say they're not guilty. While also saying they were accountable and they gave me 10k euro. Like... very innocent indeed. It's going to be a long process. Frustrating probably.

I also recently adopted a kitten. Her name is Ripley (from Alien movies). It takes some getting used to but she's adorable.

Ok last update: I ordered a squat rack. But like 2 individual stands to put a barbell on (I bought a set some time ago but they couldn't go high enough for squats. I didn't check properly). So soon I can do lower body work at home again. I will still go to the gym. But it's nice to be able to do it at home too.

I think that was it. Bit longer than I intended. Sorry