Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Healthiest I've ever been - afraid of cheat meals

Hi there!

I've got a bit of a silly question and I also need some extra reassurance.

Some background:

Lately I've eaten the healthiest I have in my life (I even managed to completely cut out sugar and sweetener) and I've been doing 50 min of exercise 5 times a week (#FBsweat) and it has been sustainable!

Because of this, adding cheat meals or switching to shorter workouts feels really bad. Since I can be this healthy I shouldn't let myself settle for less type of mentality.

Is anyone else struggling with this? Did you manage to let go of this fear?

On to my other question:

How often do you think is fine to drink Starbucks?

And yes, I do mean the sugar-loaded stuff. At home I only drink black coffee, green tea and water. I want to go to Starbucks specifically for the extravagant drinks which to me are a dessert. I'm thinking of getting the smallest size and asking for almond milk and no whipped cream (making it slightly healthier) but I still feel guilty. I lived without them so far so why should I not keep going?

It just feels like I achieved peak health and whatever I do now will only make me a worse version of myself.

Is once a week too often? Once a month? I also feel like other people do it and are fine so why can't I?

(If it matters I am 168cm, 60kg - I want to tone/lose weight because I am a pear-shape with PCOS so my lower belly/thighs are an issue but I am already at a healthy weight - and yes, I have struggled with disordered eating for a very long time)