Los Amigos de la Transpiración, 16 de Septiembre 2022 🦺🎒🦊🧣🦀👠

Hello my cute little nougat-filled tortillas! It is Friday, and I kinda forgot to start the thread. I'm still recovery from our little hospital excursion. I got home yesterday pretty wrecked, ate, slept, ate some more, and was still utterly and profoundly exhausted, and couldn't figure out why. I mean yes, it was a stressful experience, but I felt like death...until I realised the problem was probably caffeine withdrawal, and proceeded to drink 10 cups of tea, and then felt fine. And then didn't sleep all night because I'd had 10 cups of tea. So there's my advice for you, folks, not that anyone was asking for it: if you're going to spend several hours in hospital, either do it at a time when the cafe is open and you can stay caffeinated, or bring your own, or else plan ahead when you'll be having an emergency and spend several weeks prior cutting back.

Anyway, housemate is doing much better and acting herself after her concussion. And her eye is much smaller than it was yesterday. Yesterday is was ping pong ball sized and she couldn't open it. But most of that was air that got in there from the broken orbital wall or whatever it's called, and it's now largely deflated. Although her actual eyeball is full of blood and makes her look like a half-demon. So she went and got an eyepatch and bedazzled it with stick-on sparkly jewels.

In the meantime, the house is a mess and I haven't done any work and I need to do the grocery shopping tonight. Friday night is a good night to do the shopping because there aren't many other people there. Because they are all out doing Friday night things with something called "friends".

So over to you, folks. Whatcha up to today? Food? Exercise? I just ate a handful of potato chips that I didn't want to eat, but my housemate offered me some and I have no resistance against these things. I'm trying hard not to put my greasy little hands back in the bag. Hopefully she eats the rest soon while watching The West Wing.

This has been another wacky check-in, but I haven't got the energy to go back and herd it back onto topic. So talk amongst yourselves about whatever you want. I know you can do it.