V
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

I want my period back! Please help!

Hello! This is my first time posting anything on here so here goes. LOL.

I am a nineteen-year-old who, through the help of FB, has successfully dropped 70 pounds! This was a HUGE milestone for me since I've been wanting to lose weight now for a few years. I currently weigh around 120,

The only thing is, through this process I lost my cycle. I happened about halfway through the journey and I didn't think it was a big deal until recently. I've had it gone for around a year and I'm just so confused. I've seen doctors, done MRI's and ultrasounds and they can't detect anything. I DON'T want to go on birth control, I want to get it back naturally.

Now I do have to admit up to recently my calorie intake was sometimes not even 1000 calories a day, on top of working out and staying pretty active. Not a healthy path, I realize that now.

Over the past two weeks I've been doing FB stretching, and eating more, gained a few pounds back, all this has definitely been nice but still no cycle. Now I know it won't happen overnight, but am I on the right path? I LOVE doing the FB workout programs (weight training and HIIT), but is cutting back on them the right way to go?

Please help me, I'm confused, i feel like I've tried everything, and I just want to get my cycle back because it may lead to future problems.

Thank you!