Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Weighted Cardio HIIT

Hello, Blender Family!

Calling all EMOM fans - today’s workout is for you: 

Weighted Cardio HIIT

We’ve combined cardio with strength training in this latest release. The result? A scalable routine that combines the best of both worlds. 

EMOMs are fresh takes on HIIT circuits. Their effectiveness comes from the max effort that you put forth to reach rep goals within each minute. The harder you work, the longer the rest period. After each circuit, you’ll receive one full minute to rest, which allows your heart rate to lower and prepare for more full-on effort. Weighted and unweighted options challenge your muscles in different ways, making this a true Level 4 workout. But, remember that this routine is easily modified (less impact, weight selection, or lower effort) to meet your fitness needs and goals. Taking modifications does not make the workout count any less! 

EMOMs are hands down one of my favorite circuit formats, but I struggle with pacing myself. Can anyone else relate to this? I try to be mindful of my effort as the circuit continues, but this is definitely an area of attention for me. Personally, I will probably use this workout as a benchmark to mark my progress and cardiovascular effort. How do you intend on using this routine?

Looking forward to 33 minutes of effort together. See you shortly! 

- Kayla