HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 8th

Hello dear Blenders.

How are you doing today? I found a reminder to have compassion for yourself:

“You did the best you could with the knowledge you had in that moment. It’s easier to look back at an event and see a better choice or pathway because we already learned from our experience. Hindsight happens after the lesson, so we can’t condemn ourselves for not knowing the lesson before we learned it.” – Emily Maroutian

Where are you regarding exercise today? I’ve picked a 35-min abs/LB pilates workout which I hope my body will be OK with as it has been acting up for the last two weeks.

Random thoughts/activities: I’ll bake Biscoff blondies with pretzel pieces later today – not healthy but it’s a treat for tomorrow. 🎂

I have swiped right on someone who’s in my town and who seemed alright on his profile but he hasn’t responded yet. Curious to see if he will. I am accustomed to some strange logic, with a grandma like mine 😇 but still, it seems like most people are as confused as I am.

On that note; I am doing a lot of soul searching these days. I have also started to watch a series on YT that is about learning skills to cope with intense emotions. In it, they compare processing emotions with a factory where fish gets processed – you need to face the emotions, otherwise things get messy. I have the idea to write everything that might be helpful down in a little notebook, so I can flick through it often. Some quotes/advice I find helpful, too.

Wishing you all the best possible day, try to be kind to yourself, you are doing your best. I look forward to your posts, please share with us what you like, whether you’re a regular poster or are stopping by here for the first time. 🌸

Random picture of Le Tep in a bag with a fellow cat.

PS Wasps: there will be someone stopping by this week to drive them away by playing Michael Bublé songs loudly. Sorry 😇 I hope this will get rid of them. Quite proud of myself for answering a phone call smoothly.

Edited