Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Summer 2022 Garden + Filming Workouts

Hello FB Family!

How is everyone today? How has your summer been treating you? I can’t believe that we’re already in September, time is just flying.

I enjoyed a nice workout yesterday that was part personal workout and part planning/polishing session for workouts I’ll be filming soon. I turned on some music I enjoy and had fun - music is a huge help in writing my workouts because it just makes me want to move! Dance inspires a lot of the movement combos I pull together for my walking and cardio workouts, which is one of the things I'll be filming later this week. Also in the lineup to film: a lower body strength + HIIT combo, and a relaxing Pilates routine. If you can think of any other suggestions of routines you would like to see me build next, don't hesitate to share.

After a record breaking cold and wet spring, our veggie garden is now an explosion of food, greens and flowers. My patience finally paid off, haha. I have completely spammed the comment section on this post with pictures, if you want to see what I’ve been growing (feel free to share your own, I love seeing what you've all been up to).

My biggest garden milestone this year is that I was able to grow watermelon for the first time ever. We’re also going to have dozens of cantaloupe, which I’m excited about, as well as all kinds of squash (zucchini, yakteen, blue, acorn), tomatoes, bush beans, sweet peas, kale, kohlrabi, beets, carrots, various cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, corn, green and red peppers and jalapenos. Can’t forget the herbs: chamomile (to make my favorite tea), garlic chives, dill, rosemary, mint, lovage, lemon balm, marshmallow, echinacea, lavender. I feel I must put the asterisks that while all of these things are indeed growing in my garden, not all of them are thriving; there are at least a few that are falling more into the category of “barely existing” or “not quite dead yet”. But long story short, I’ve had a fun year and I’m already excited for next year’s garden.

Now with fall approaching, I’ve got my sights on taking a mycology course so that I can start to identify and harvest mushrooms from the woods on our property. I just want to keep learning. I feel like it gives me something to look forward to, and I especially like it when the things I’m learning involve food and eating (😁), and give me more ways to feed myself and my family.

What memory, project, or day from this summer stands out to you the most so far? Did you have any fun times, or learn anything new? Were you able to enjoy some downtime? Are you still making time for your workouts - and does summer change what that looks like for you?

I've got a lot of meetings today, wish me luck! I'll probably treat myself to a relaxed walk and then some Pilates in front of the tv later on with my little family, to help decompress. I’ll probably check in later this week while I’m filming - see you then 😊

Kelli

Edited