A level 5 hike?!?! What do you think?

Day 5 of our one week holiday in Brittany (France) on the north west coast. We had been hoping to go for a proper hike, but the weather had not been too good. But today we decided we would go for it, as the weather forecast seemed ok. It poured with rain just before we set off, but then it stopped and the weather gods smiled on us all day!

We hiked 16k, over 24.000 steps and 147 floors. The coastal path follows the rugged rocky cliffs, so it was up and down and up and down etc etc etc! And STEEP!!! As I was huffing up another very steep incline, I thought: is this a level 4 or 5 workout?! Obviously there were some level bits on our hike, but we were surprised at how many very steep inclines and declines there were, with the meandering path following the coast line. After 4 and a bit hours of walking, yep, I’ll go for a level 5!!! What do you think?

Photo tries to show some of the path… hope it gives you some idea about how steep a lot of it was. In the replies: the beauty we were surrounded with! And (no photo) the lovely dip in the sea at the end of the day was the most soothing ever for our aching limbs.

Edited