HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 5th πŸŒžπŸ‘ŸπŸ₯¦πŸ₯œ

Hello everyone and welcome to the HKS accountability group. Since I recently saw a message looking for accountability groups, I'll just state again here that everyone is welcome to read and to post in the three accountability groups. In this one, we do post about our workouts, our foods, our general existence, and generally offer a supportive space to each other.

On this first Monday of September, if you're in North America, I hope you're enjoying the fabulous end-of-summer paid holiday, and if you're not... well, I wish you a happy Monday nonetheless πŸ™ƒ.

I'm quite looking forward to my scheduled workout for today, I've chosen the Pilates option, always a favorite style of mine. Quick question, a propos of Pilates -- do you wear πŸ‘Ÿ for Pilates? I always put on my shoes for a workout, then if it's Pilates or stretching, I take them off. 🀷 Shoeless Pilates, just how I like it πŸ˜†

Today's thought: β€œSuccess is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” (Maya Angelou)

I think I can apply this thought to my calendar these days, as I am certainly enjoying Benchmark. I chose this program because I liked the mix of workouts, but I am certainly not averse to building strength. I am curious to see if I make progress on the actual benchmarked exercises. Some of them (pushups and burpees) I tend to avoid, so even doing them is progress of a sort πŸ˜‰. So, success. All I can add to Ms. Angelou's quote is, it looks different for everybody! What makes a success for you?

As for food, we'll have the last bit of ratatouille for lunch, and I plan to make up some pesto. The basil is flourishing in this hot summer we've had! Not sure if that will then be part of supper, as I'm not feeling like pasta tonight. If I get to the grocery store today, I'm thinking of tofu & broccoli πŸ₯¦in spicy peanut sauce, an old Moosewood recipe. What about you, have you got anything yummy in the works?

Edited