HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 3rd

How is everyone on this Saturday morning? David and I only have 3 vacation days left and I keep trying to push the thought of going back to work out of my mind.

We went to Québec City yesterday to see the outdoor exhibit Mosaïcultures, where they have life-size sculptures of animals made of greenery and flowers. I’ll add pictures in the comments below. Some tableaux were truly spectacular and it was not overly crowded and not too hot at 10am.

My ankle did not bother me on the hour-long walk through the park. We then ate on a terrasse in the old part of the city and I wanted to walk some more afterwards, but my ankle did not fare well on cobblestone streets and we did not make it far.

The good news is that my ankle is not hurting after all of the walking I have done these past two days, so we can finally go apple picking this morning as the ground will be dry and more stable to walk on. There will be some baking in my future, when it’s not as hot and humid.

I still have the last two workouts of the Mass Challenge to complete and I realized that I have kept putting them off because I think I will not be able to keep up and complete them. But I need to remember that I just have to try my best and modify as needed. I thought I had long ago worked through that “fear” of not being good enough/fit enough to work out, but it’s still lingering in the back of my mind. But however I move, it’s better than not moving at all.

Will you be moving or resting today? No matter what you plan, give yourself grace to have an imperfect day.