Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! No-Equipment Lower Body Strength with Multiplanar Moves

Good morning FB Family! 

Today’s workout release follows a similar format to the Bodyweight Upper Body and Core workout released last week. The primary focus of today’s workout is the lower body and there’s no equipment or jumping! 

No-Equipment Lower Body Strength With No-Impact Multiplanar Moves

The exercises in this workout are an introduction to training in all planes of motion to improve your ability to move through space and time with efficiency and automation. In other words, the more you practice challenging your body to transition among lateral, forward and back, and twisting motions, the better you will be able to move with ease, reduce incidences of injury, and improve athletic performance. 

Make sure to review the write-up for a few recommendations on how to pair this workout with other routines (if you so choose) or enjoy this workout as a stand-alone routine for days when you want a quick lower body sizzle. Note that this is a level 3 workout, but if you’re feeling energized and want a little extra challenge to bump up the intensity, you can add weights to most of the exercises and/or repeat the finisher circuits. 

I remember feeling a pleasant little fire in my legs after filming this workout that was rewarding but not demolishing. This feeling was unlike the current feeling I have in my legs after my half marathon training runs. What in the world? There was a time when running this much mileage was second nature to me. Now is not that time, haha. Despite the “how will I finish this run?” and “how am I going to walk after this?” moments, I’m thoroughly enjoying the process of pushing myself (safely) to train in a way that I haven’t trained in a few years. I love the journey of rebuilding my fitness and reframing my goals to match my current capabilities and training preferences – the opportunities are limitless! 

Let us know if you have fun with this workout and how you choose to work it into your training regimen. 

See you on the screen!

-Tasha