Perspiration Pals 31 August 2022

Hello Pals! It’s the last day of summer. Yaaaaay! If you like summer, please don’t mind me but I’m absolutely sick and tired of sticky sweat, the smell of garbage, armpits and despair. Anyway back to my little ray of sunshine self, I’ve got some interesting facts for you. About what? I hear you ask. It’s definitely exercise-related.

Have you ever wondered why dumbbells are called dumbbells? I’ll tell you. In the 18th century without PowerBlock and other fancy weights to lift, people actually used bells without their clapper to strengthen their muscles. The bells without the clappers were silent=dumb, hence dumbbells. What other objects do you think were used as dumbbells hundreds or thousands of years ago? Have you ever used anything other than your actual dumbbells when doing strength training? Regale me, Pals.

Speaking of dumbbells, I actually haven’t used them this morning because I woke up to my rhomboid (again!!) on fire. I have no idea what I did in my sleep (fighting aliens, swimming in the Pacific Ocean

etc.) but I can hardly move. I suspect tension and probably my old useless pillows. I woke up at around 4 a.m. which means I got about 6 hours sleep so good luck everyone talking to me today… I really missed a good workout session this morning. 😒

Have an easy day, eat your veggies and don’t forget to play a little.