Working out with a new tattoo?

Hello everyone,

I got my first tattoo last week. :) And well, since we're here on FB, I was wondering if anyone would like to share how they went about exercising afterwards. I've asked my tattoo artist, I've googled multiple articles, but it all seems pretty vague to me. I know a lot of it depends on size, location, and individual healing.

So, I guess I'm looking for experience here. I have a tattoo on my lower arm, and it'll almost be a week since I got it. I started with one of the FB Fit programmes at the beginning of the month and have been able to follow it diligently. I knew I would have to take a break, and that's okay. Especially since I've got the 8-week programme, there is still lots to do for the foreseeable future.

But I'm a little concerned about losing that momentum. I shouldn't be lifting yet, since it'll strain the area. And I know, lower body workouts could be fine. But is it a matter of sticking to low impact, pilates, and mostly not sweating? I'm not sure how I can concentrate on healing since missing workouts for more than a week turns into feeling sluggish and definitely less energised.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone with experience in this area could point me in some sort of direction and/or share what they did.

Thanks for reading :)