35k on my new mountainbike…

Today I went out for my first proper mountainbike ride on my new bike (I picked it up from the shop yesterday and cycled home on it… but that doesn’t count). So today was its “maiden voyage”, although you probably can’t call it that when it concerns a bike?! What would you call it?

Anyway, we contemplated going to a for us completely new area, but decided that sticking to one of our usual rides would give me a chance to compare the two bikes. Well, I loved it! I managed much better on the harder uphill bits, that’s for sure. At one point we came across a very awkward gate… I just lifted my very much lighter bike up and over!

We did 35k in a lovely breeze partly on the heath and partly in a forest. Lunch with a book in a beautiful spot perfected the day.

When we got home my husband said something about the next ten years… at 65 years old now, I am hoping to get ten years more fun out of this bike indeed!

Photo shows my lunchspot. In the replies: my bike against one of my favourite trees in that area.