HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group August 25th

Hello everyone.

It’s Thursday again so here I am. Feeling slightly frazzled because I have a substantial to-do list, but the uneasiness comes mainly from the fact that I’ll need to call customer services later today (or tomorrow…). Making phone calls is one of my favorite things in the world (going to big, loud parties and visiting supermarkets on Saturdays are the others), so I am looking forward to this. 😉😉😉 Well, at least I don't have to buy groceries today.

“If you’re resting but guilting or shaming yourself for not being productive the whole time, that’s not actually rest. If you find that you’re chronically tired, this could be why.” – Iris McAlpin

I know it’s very hard and most of us (if not everyone) struggles with this. Try to remember rest is 100% worth your time because it allows you to stay sane and healthy. See it as an investment in yourself.

If you do a workout/exercise today, which one are you going to do/have you done? I’ve done a LB strength yesterday and will do UB today. Yesterday I did a lovely 45-min restorative yoga (I can’t always do this with the biggest patience, but apparently I needed the rest) and I hope to do something similar today. (I am aware most people have less time and can’t easily commit to 45 min.)

Is it still warm where you live? I struggled sleeping this past night, as it was so sticky. This is the first summer I have long hair again and it’s so thick it drives me nuts. It’s not very practical now, but it will be in winter when it can serve as a scarf. 🧣

Hope you have a positive day with moments of calm throughout. Everyone is very welcome to post here. 🌸

PS Picture is from a recent cycling adventure. A little more urban than I prefer but it was interesting to see something different.

Edited