Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bodyweight Upper Body and Core Strength Circuits

Good morning FB Family! 

Today’s workout release is a great option for those days when you need an under 30 minutes low intensity, no jumping routine: 

Bodyweight Upper Body and Core: Slow-Tempo Strength Circuits

The upper body and core focus of this bodyweight-only routine will help you improve your postural alignment with exercises that challenge strength imbalances and your ability to coordinate multi-component movement patterns. Maintaining a chest-open posture during athletic performances as well as every day activities allows you to dynamically adapt to position changes with efficiency and fill the lungs with maximum air volume for optimal blood oxygenation of your working muscles. 

Check out the write-up for a few tips about completing prone (plank) position exercises and how eccentric push-ups are a helpful addition to your training regimen if you’re interested in mastering the full push-up. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with modifying a push-up to your knees but practicing various versions of full push-ups will help quicken and strengthen your transition from knees-to-toes.

I used this workout as an addition to a 30-minute HIIT run to zone in on my own postural alignment and wind down from an intense effort, but the routine also works wonderfully as a standalone workout. 

Enjoy the multiple (sometimes failed) hair flips in this video and my semi fake smile during the triceps press-ups – I didn’t want to do those, haha. 

See you on the screen for only one hollow-man hold! 

-Tasha