Perspiration Pals 24 August 2022

Hello there, Pals! How are you today? How did you start the day? I did Day 3 of the Strong 2 program early in the morning (yes, I’ll seize every opportunity to tell the world that I, the great hero – I wouldn’t call myself heroine because it sounds like the drug and I’m not addictive and toxic – get up at dawn to lift weights/do HIIT) and now I’m getting ready for work which will involve a long meeting so I’ll have to do my best to stay awake. (I nearly typed stay alive…) Maybe I'll just keep flexing my really sore muscles.

Anyway, I’ll stop waffling about my morning and will get on with the thread. I read some interesting things about sleep a couple of days ago so even though I’m almost absolutely sure we’ve already talked about sleep, or dreams or maybe both, it’s a topic we probably all like. According to research high earners get the best sleep. Who knew…? Did you know that ideally, falling asleep at night should take you 10-15 minutes? If it takes you more than that, Doctor Mike says you shouldn’t lie there awake because you might get anxious, get up, be anxious somewhere else and then go back to bed a bit later. If you don’t know who Doctor Mike is, YouTube him. You’re welcome.

Moving on to exercise, who started a new program/challenge (one you’ve never tried before) and do you like it?

All right, Pals, have an easy day but don’t fall asleep at work.