HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group August 22nd 🦁🥅🥮

Hello Blend Friends, wishing a happy Monday to everyone who stops by in our kind and supportive thread. Feel free to read, and check in with us if you like!

I'm writing this up Sunday night, as I'll be starting the week with a meeting 🤦. I think it will be a good and useful meeting, but I have had enough Monday meetings for the next three years!

As for workouts, I started Benchmark yesterday. I must say, that program comes in like a 🦁! The second day will be nice and low-key, which was my plan for a busy Monday morning. Starting this program got me thinking. I'm not doing it because I expect to make tangible progress in these moves; I'm doing it because I want to continue strength-based exercise to keep up my muscle mass and bone density. But I don't mind tracking and testing, that can be part of the fun of this journey. So, in keeping with that spirit, here is today's quote:

"A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at."- Bruce Lee

I'll use Benchmark as something to aim at. If I don't reach a goal of lifting heavier or improving my form on pushups, well, I'll still be doing something worthwhile by working in that direction.

How about you, are there goals🥅 that you're aiming at these days? Fitness goals, life goals, short-term goals, or vast ambitions? Do you have a past goal that you are pleased to have accomplished, or proud to have dropped? Do tell! One of my goals in my twenties was to find a really good chocolate cake recipe🥮, and I did end up accomplishing that one.

Hope everyone has a great week!