Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New Article on Self-Talk: How Your Inner Dialogue Affects Your Mental Health and Goals

One of the things I am often talking about with folks I work with in a therapy setting is how they talk to themselves. We all have an inner dialogue that is constantly running and, whether we are aware of it or not, it impacts our feelings, behaviors, and even our subsequent thought processes. 

Read the article: How to Practice Positive Self-Talk: How Your Inner Dialogue Affects Your Mental Health and Goals

For example, a lot of people who are perfectionists tend to have this super critical inner voice telling them that what they are doing isn’t good enough. This self-talk over time can wear them down and make it hard to stay motivated or believe in themselves. 

As a result, it can be really important to increase your awareness of what your own self-talk sounds like. By increasing this awareness, we can harness our self-talk for good and use it to our advantage. This article will explore self-talk from multiple angles and provide several tips on how to engage in effective self-talk based on the situation. I hope that this is at least a stepping stone in increasing your awareness of your own inner voice!