End of Chemo – I am back!

Hey FB family,

I haven't posted anything or been on FB for some months now, because I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March and went through 16 rounds of chemo. Yesterday was my last treatment – hurray! A huge milestone! I will have to continue on with different treatments (surgery, radiation, immunetherapy) but hopefully, chemo's in the past forever (fingers crossed).

Due to side effects, I wasn't able to exercise, really. I did some stationary biking, many many long walks and some stretching. But now, I want to bounce back and become stronger and fitter than ever before :D. Also, regular exercise helps to prevent a recurrence, studies show, so there's that for extra incentive, lol.

Even though my motivation is sky high right now, I know that it's a tough road because I have never been so unfit in my life. I tried the new yoga for beginners workout with Kayla today, and it was absolutely impossible to do. So I went with some biking and a nice relaxing stretching routine with Kelly. It was perfect. I think am actually going to build my own routine for the next few weeks because my needs are pretty specific right now.

Also, I wonder if anybody might be in a similar boat at the moment? Doesn't have to be cancer/chemo but maybe someone is trying to build back from, well, basically zero? I'd love to have one or two accountabilybuddies to make sure I stay motivated. :)

Thanks for reading and I am happy to be back!

Silka