Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New Article: Tips for Managing Exercise-Induced Anxiety

In the first part of this series, we talked about why exercise-induced anxiety happens. Based on the comments on the post, I can tell that many of you have had this experience at some point in your life. I sure hope that this helped to validate the experience; it is very real, can be very scary, and can impact your desire or motivation to work out in the future. 

In this second part, I am offering some specific tips for how to manage the experience of exercise-induced anxiety. Some tips involve things you can do in the moment when you are having a panic attack during exercise, while others are things to be doing long-term in an attempt to prevent them from happening in the first place (though we only have so much control here). 

I even partnered with Tasha to help design a workout with these principles in mind to help folks who experience exercise induced anxiety know what to do in the warm-up, during the workout, and cool-down to help manage anxiety. Be sure to check out that workout and let us know in the comments below what tends to work for you when managing panic attacks in the moment (during a workout or not).