Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Glute Burnout with Resistance Band

Good Morning Blenders!

Today’s workout release focuses on an important part of the body responsible for good posture, hip mobility, decreased back pain, and improved performance with squats and deadlifts: the glutes!

Glute Burnout with Resistance Band

Isolating the glutes isn’t something we commonly focus on, especially if you include plenty of squats, lunges, and deadlifts in your routine. However, those exercises also utilize larger muscles, like quadriceps and hamstrings, which can leave your glutes in the dust. And, if you sit most of your day, chances are that your glutes are already underactive.

I wanted to create this routine as a quick add-on (or solo workout) for a couple different goals. Whether you want to tone and tighten, perform better with squats and deadlifts or prevent back pain, this will be a good tune-up!

We run through 3 circuits of exercises that can all be either completed with bodyweight or a mini loop resistance band (recommended if you want to increase the challenge). I loved the “burn” I felt from the way these exercises were structured. It made it nearly impossible to cheat and just go through the motions.

This routine makes a great add-on to a cardio, core, or upper body workout (or even lower body if you’re feeling brave!). You can also do it by itself if you’re hanging out in your living room and want to get some low-impact, but effective strength work in.

Let me know how you plan to use this!
Nicole