Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New Guided Meditation for an Energy Boost

A lot of people struggle to engage in meditation when they feel like their goal is to “clear the mind.” This expectation for the meditation can lead to them only feeling like 1) it isn’t working or 2) they aren’t doing it right. It is my experience that this expectation leads to many people giving up on meditation. However, what if clearing the mind wasn’t your goal? 

In this particular meditation, the intention or purpose is not necessarily to reduce anxiety or racing thoughts (though that might still happen if you’re open to it), but rather increase your perceived level of energy. Meditation in general, when practiced long-term, tends to increase our energy both directly and indirectly due to the benefits of meditation within the brain. However, even just this short 11-minute practice is likely to give you a slight boost of energy because you are focusing on the breath as an energizing source. 

Energizing Mindfulness Practice

So, I recommend doing this particular meditation when you have (or need) a 10-15 minute break and a boost of energy. This is a great midday meditation, though can be practiced at any time. However, I might not recommend doing it right before bed if you want to sleep!