HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 29th

Good Friday morning!

I start with a reminder that everyone is always welcomed to join in and post at any time 🙂

It was an eventful evening here as we had to rush Loki to the emergency vet clinic, as he ate a grape that fell to the floor. He was too quick for us to grab it away from him. Grapes and raisins can be extremely toxic to dogs, even just one, so they had to induce vomiting. Poor little guy. But he was fine afterwards, thank goodness. He’s currently curled up in my lap, sleeping.

I chose the quote above today as during my quest to move every day this month, I have come to realize that it’s perfectly ok to keep rescheduling a workout, it’s perfectly ok to do only stretching for 5 minutes a certain day, it’s perfectly ok to not follow a particular workout and just improvise movement. I used to strive for perfect conditions to work out or a perfect week on my calendar and if I didn’t reach those goals, I would feel frustrated and disappointed in myself and eventually give up. Perfection should never be a goal.

Have you set any goals for today? Or will this be a day to simply go with the flow and see what happens? I have been cleared by my physiotherapist to gradually increase the length of my walks, so I will try a 30-minute walk for the first time in about 6 weeks. It will be a perfect Summer day, ideal weather for walking. And I will complete the last workout from week 1 of the Mass Challenge later this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a great day!