Perspiration Pals 29 July 2022 đŸ’ŦŠī¸đŸƒ†đŸ‹â‡ī¸Ž

Hello my cute little poppadoms! How are you all today? Food? Exercise? Staycations? Life generally? Please, let's hear all your plans and thoughts and feelings and also be sure to include any good goss. if you feel like it.

Today's is a bit of a rush check-in. Sorry folks. But I need to go pick Mr Sweetie up from the station soon and I should probably finish this before he gets here. Because as much as I love you all, ignoring your date for the internet seems kinda rude. And also I didn't have my act together enough to write this earlier. I mean who has their act together these days anyway?

Once again no exercise for me. Partially because I don't have my act together, but mostly because my respiratory system is still chucking a tanty. Although it's slowly calming down. I really wanna lift some weights and go for a run, ok not at the same time. And there won't be time for exercise tomorrow either cos it's Christmas in July at our friends' house. We've never done Christmas in July before, and I'm not sure why they decided to do it now, but the lady who's cooking is one of the two people I trust to cook without poisoning me, and there's an organic turkey coming my way. So I will very happily show up.

Mr Sweetie mentioned a while ago that he really likes pumpkin soup, so guess what we're having tonight! Also ful (or foul) medames, which is a Middle Eastern dip similar to hummus but with fava beans. And Mr Sweetie really really likes hummus. I've been wanting to make it for a while so tonight's the night, though apparently it's usually a breakfast food. Oh well. I got some pita to dip in it, gf obviously, but it's very tasty pita that costs $7.50 for a pack of 6 very small pieces. Baked fresh and shipped from Dublin. I bet that price would come down significantly if it was baked somewhere a little closer than Dublin. I'm also gonna make a berry crisp dessert, no don't worry, the berries are frozen. I can't afford fresh berries in the winter. Or, much of the time, any other season. And mulled wine. Every winter I say I want to have mulled wine, and every winter I do not have any. Probably because alcohol, and especially red wine, gives me a terrible migraine. So I don't drink. But winter isn't gonna last much longer, either this year or generally with the way climate change is going, so we're gonna mull some wine and I'm just gonna have a very little bit.

Then, or maybe beforehand, cos it's not good to drink drive, but I'm not gonna have anywhere near enough wine to be over the limit, anyway we're gonna go down to he beach in the dark cos there's a meteor shower on this weekend. 3, actually. One peaked yesterday, and the other 2 peak tomorrow. But yesterday was cloudy and tomorrow I'll be busy eating turkey. Apparently it is visible everywhere, but much more so in the Southern Hemisphere. So we're gonna go down to the beach, cos there are no lights there and it's 5 minutes away, and see if we see any meteors. The meteors are to the east and the beach faces south, and it'll be cold, so this may not last long. That's ok.

All right my cutie patooties, I gotta go. Please talk amongst yourselves because it might be a day or two before I can get back to you.

Edited