HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 28th

Hello everyone.

“People won't know if they're crossing your boundaries if you don't have any. Boundaries are reasonable expectations of treatment that don't undermine your worth. Decide what yours are and don't allow them to be crossed even if, especially if, you really like the person and want them to like you.” - Doe Zantamata

This is something I dealt with this week, I let someone know about my boundaries but the response wasn’t what I hoped. Anyway, I tried to deal with it the best I could and have tried to let it go and realized a not-too-thoughtful response from the other person was not my fault as I had expressed my thoughts respectfully.

I haven’t been present here this week until now; I need(ed) some time away. I like interacting here, but sometimes I’m spending too much time here and then neglect other things I should be doing instead. I also felt quite low and am struggling still. I feel “summer pressure”, and on top of that am reading back how things were around this time last year and especially my August notes are just heartbreaking. The tone on the community is often a hopeful one, and when I feel so low it feels strange to me to come here and try to read about goal-setting and victories when I am mourning. (Especially since I tend to put on a mask when interacting with friends, and be too cheery and sending 😂😆😜 when actually I feel sad, but I feel like there's not much room to tell about how I really feel as it seems too much, too heavy. I feel like people are fine with one or two sentences about my dad, but then want to drop the subject - I probably make them feel uncomfortable...)

So that’s why I haven’t been around for a few days. I have been working out; LB on Monday and UB on Tuesday, and more intense yoga and a walk yesterday.

Anyway. Let’s focus on how YOU are doing. Please tell me about your day and what you are doing in terms of exercise. I will be busy earlier today, but will do my best to reply later in the day (which will still be relatively early for the people in the US/Canada).

Reading anything interesting? I have been reading short stories by Shirley Jackson. Short stories can be helpful if you haven’t read much lately and don’t want to commit to a whole book at once.

I hope everyone has a tranquil, pleasant day. 🌼

Edited