Perspiration Pals 27 July 2022

Hi there, Pals! Another week has passed and you’re stuck with me again. Today, as usual, we are going to learn some interesting facts but instead of just acknowledging the amusingness of said facts we are going to draw the curtain of reason by asking ‘but why?’.

Let’s have a look at the first random albeit interesting fact: Craving ice is a symptom of iron deficiency. Your turn: But why? Anaemia is a medical condition in which your blood doesn't carry enough oxygen to the rest of your body so one study proposed that people who suffer from iron deficiency are drawn to ice because it makes them more alert.

Here’s another fact: Fingernails grow faster than toenails. But why?

And another really interesting fact: Tattoos don't live on your skin. It’s hard to remove them because they aren’t on your skin. (Whaat?) All right, so instead of the ‘but why’ it’s ‘then where?’ And that’s today’s question. Also, do you have a tattoo?

Let’s also talk about exercise. I started doing the Adventure Program (working out 4 days a week instead of the usual 5) because I’m on holiday and I figured I’d just go for a bike ride on the fifth day. Or sixth or seventh… What about you?

Also, what should we celebrate today?